Friday, June 29, 2007

Tradition, er... Subscription!

liberty_sparks_win



Yes, I am devastated to have given up my decade-long New York Liberty season subscription upon my move to Los Angeles this year.
Yes
, I Tivo all their televised games on NBA TV.
Yes
, I wore my Liberty jersey to the Staples Center tonight to root them on in the midst of some annoyed Sparks fans (and some supportive unaffiliated friends).
Yes
, I am very proud of the 80 to 68 win they pulled off on this Western road trip.
Yes
, I am actually considering getting a Sparks subscription to get my bball fix. "Sounds crazy, no? But in this little town of Anatev - I mean, LA. - you might say everyone of us is a fan of the WNBA, trying to scratch out a pleasant, simple game without breaking her bank. It isn't easy. You may ask: Why do we keep going if it's so poorly attended? We go because women's basketball is our own. And how do we keep to our budget? That I can tell you in one word: Subscription!"