Wednesday, May 9, 2007

R.I.P. Dyke TV

Dyke TV logo



I am sad to see it go: Dyke TV is off the airwaves for good. (Who knows how long that link will work...?)



I watched Dyke TV from its ambitious riotous start because I came out of the closet at the same time as this amazing television venture was hitting the public access airwaves in NYC. I learned how to be a lesbian by watching (my herstory, the lesbian avengers' escapades, queer filmmakers, politics, news, I was a lesbian child, trans issues), and came to love it for so much more.



Dyke TV is the place where I learned basic camera work and Final Cut Pro; I made fantastic friends and launched a film career. "The D Word" was born at a producer's meeting. While I was only involved for a short time, the organization and people gave back to me threefold what I contributed. For that, I'll be forever grateful.



Where else are you going to get "Television to Incite, Subvert, Provoke, and Organize!" ?



R.I.P. Dyke TV
1993-2007