Sunday, July 9, 2006

New York Jacuzzi



You're looking at a New York take-over of the most prime real estate at the OutFest Filmmaker Pool Party in the Hollywood Hills. Atop a gorgreous home on Mulholland Drive, a clutch of NYers's took the dive into the jacuzzi with a view of Universal Studios. This was my first function as a screenwriting lab fellow, bright pink credential around my neck to make it official.


Dasha & fellow Lesbian Overtone Laura

I'm sporting my bathing shirt (SPF 30+) from North Bondi Beach in Sydney, Australia - where The D Word premiered last year. To bring home that cherished fact, I walked into the pool party and smack dab into the arms of Robyn Patterson, the brains behind "Straight Hike For The Butch Dyke." We met in Sydney and hung out again at Frameline last June, happily thrown together as our films made a nice match (2 parodies of current queer TV shows) - speaking of which, Jo Gell, filmmaker of "Candy Bar Presents Lesbian Pop Idol!", which was also coupled w/The D Word at festivals, sloshed out of the pool for a wet greeting. With New Zealand and London covered, it was without surprise that I ran into New Yorker after New Yorker after New Yorker.



Of course, being New Yorkers, we're used to things like walking and using public transportation. Unfortuantely, that means we occassionally do stupid human things like lock our car keys in the trunk. Last I saw Stephanie & Madeliene, it was puzzling over the convertable trunk on the side of the road as the police pulled-up - while they called AAA, the rental company and Chrysler dealerships to help them out of this non-car-culture mistake of tow-truck proportions.

I'm just thankful that I got GPS navigation on my rental car...