Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Anticipation

I was not too terribly tortured waiting to hear about college admissions. I applied early decision to my first choice school and heard unexpectedly early that I got in. That was December 1987, and it enabled me to relax and coast through the rest of my senior year in high school.

Perhaps because I was so blessed in my youth, I'm being tormented by film festivals and screenwriting contests now. My girlfriend helpfully suggests that I try to take my mind off the impending notifications, which is why I'm sitting here obessessing over them on my blog, of course.

Grocery shopping, answering emails and office filing are just not cutting it as distractions. So, calling all the powers that have the future of my work in the their hands: HURRY UP, PLEASE! My sanity depnds on it.