Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Oscar Pose

Leon + Nathaniel = Oscar?



 



I was all set to write about how California-fied I've become since starting Yoga this week, but the true earmarker of Angeleno-cation is that our little film has been nominated for an OSCAR. That's right, "Two Hands" is up for Best Documentary Short at the 79th annual Academy Awards. All I can say is: Bravissimo! That and, maybe this'll help me get a job here?

And, of course: How can I finagle a seat @ the Oscars? Anyone? I already signed up to be a seatfiller, but I'm sure there's several thousand folks ahead of me in line. Oh yeah, and how does a documentary short go about campaigning for a win? Too bad we don't have Harvey Weinstein or Bill Clinton to back us, just some very devoted classical music, Baltimore and Nathaniel Kahn fans who've gotten us this far. I like our pedigree and odds. Is there a special meditation or yoga pose to help me vibrate on the Oscar frequency? You know there's gotta' be one in this town...